MRI Technician Training In California

How To Become An MRI Tech in California

MRI technicians in California are some of the highest paid in this state. There is still a need for these professionals whether the economy is good or bad because people still need health care. Also, the senior citizen community continues to grow and most of these folks are on Medicare, so if you are wanting to go to school now and be sure you will have a job position when you finish, the radiographer, or magnetic resonance imaging tech, (mri tech) might be the best option for you.

If you are already employed in an allied health career field, you may qualify for training of a one year certificate to become certified. The pay range is usually anywhere from $40,000 to $63,000 per year if you work full time.

You most likely will need to attend an accredited training program after getting your prerequisites (required classes for entry) done for at least two years to earn an Associate Degree. There are one year certificate programs for those who qualify.
With additional experience and training, a staff technologist can become a specialist, performing CT scanning, MR, mammography, or bone density testing.

If you decide you would like to get started in this direction because health care jobs seem to thrive in difficult economic circumstances, you may be interested also in moving into the California Dental Hygiene program, or the California Ultrasound program, or the California Surgical Technician program. The California Surgical Technician training can be done in as little as 9 months in some cases.

If you decide that going to college is a little too much right now and you need a job right away, you might consider going to become a California CNA, or California Certified Nursing Assistant. The jobs are in abundance and you can sometimes get the training for free.

California Accredited College Radiography/MRI Tech Programs and Schools in California

Cabrillo College – Aptos
Bakersfield College – Bakersfield
Peninsula Medical Center – Burlingame
Pima Medical Institute – Chula Vista
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center – Colton
Orange Coast College – Costa Mesa
Cypress College – Cypress
Fresno City College – Fresno
Loma Linda University – Loma Linda
Foothill College – Los Altos Hills
Charles Drew – Los Angeles
East Los Angelos Occupation Center – Los Angeles
Los Angeles City College – Los Angeles
Yuba Community College – Marysville
Merced College – Merced
Moorpark College – Moorpark
Kaplan College – North Holllywood
California State University – Northridge
Merritt College – Oakland
Pasadena City College – Pasadena
Chaffey College – Rancho Cucamonga
Canada College – Redwood City
Kaiser Permanente – Richmond
San Diego Mesa College – San Diego
City College of San Francisco – San Francisco
Central California School of Continuing Education – San Luis Obispo
Santa Barbara City College – Santa Barbara
Santa Rosa Junior College – Santa Rosa
San Joaquin General Hospital – Stockton
El Camino College – Torrance
LA County Harbor/UCLA Medical Center – Torrance
Mt. San Antonio College – Walnut

One single comment

  1. James W. Popelik says:

    I am a fully licensed Radiologic Technologist, state licensed and Fluoro certification for the State of California but I am unable to find a job. I am from out of state but went to one of the top five teaching facilities in the country for my profession. I graduated with honors and I am a memeber of Phi Theta Kappa. I would like to know if I qualify for the accelerated program in MRI or if maybe I could get the free training to become a CNA, CPT1 or CPT2 and use this to get into a position in the hospital then possibly move into Radiography. What can I do to get work at a hospital in the San Diego area? I have had the misfortune of graduating at the wrong time during our countries econmic country and now I feel I am paying the price for something I did’nt do. I graduated in 2007 and have been faithfully looking for a job since with no luck. Is there some kind of preference in the state of california against hiring graduates from out of state? I need help and I am willing to take CT, MRI. Please let me know what my options are, when the courses start, or if there is anything else I can do. I just renewed my ARRT license and I get all of my CEUs from ASRT. Thank you so much for helping me make my choices.

Post a comment